Skip to main content

Navigate 3- LMS Tool Categories

     I believe that the most relevant feature of the LMS is the e-portfolio tool. A lot of times, when students are learning online, they may not have the opportunity to have a face to face experience where they can show what they have learned. Having a running portfolio that is available online, allows the student and teacher really see what they have accomplished not only with one class but over several classes. And being that there isn’t no one on one interaction communication is key to any effective online instruction. Ensuring that there is an open line of communication between the teachers, parents, and students are vital towards academic success. I would use these tools to ensure that my parents are aware of the progress of their student and the students are aware of the expectations of the course. Also keeping track of the student’s grades and sending alerts about important assignments and announcement will help the student stay on track and keep up with the work load.I believe that the most relevant feature of the LMS is the e-portfolio tool. A lot of times, when students are learning online, they may not have the opportunity to have a face to face experience where they can show what they have learned. Having a running portfolio that is available online, allows the student and teacher really see what they have accomplished not only with one class but over several classes. And being that there isn’t no one on one interaction communication is key to any effective online instruction. Ensuring that there is an open line of communication between the teachers, parents, and students are vital towards academic success. I would use these tools to ensure that my parents are aware of the progress of their student and the students are aware of the expectations of the course. Also keeping track of the student’s grades and sending alerts about important assignments and announcement will help the student stay on track and keep up with the work load.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participate 2- Collecting Reputable Digital Resources

     When thinking about which web based tools I should use, I thought about what would beneficial for my students in a math classroom. I googled virtual versions of the tools I currently use in the classroom and that helped mold the decision about what three tools I would bookmark in my social bookmarking website. The three tools that I bookmarked in my social bookmarking website were virtual algebra tiles, a math dictionary, and a scientific calculator. I chose these tools because math has been very paper based for centuries and many thinks that it’s difficult to be successful in math virtually, but it is possible with the proper tools. An orientation at the beginning of the course would be the perfect way to teach students how to find important tools like these and how to ensure that the tools are beneficial and also safe for the classroom. Important policies that should be used in deciding which tools are safe and helpful would be that is the site isn’t on the ap...

Create 2 - Web Tools for Differentiation of Student Assessment

I used the GoAnimate site to create a video showing a student's answer to the activator given earlier in the blog. This allows students to show mastery of the skill by requiring them to explain the answer and the steps to solve the problem. This shows differentiation because students have the flexibility to show how to solve the given problem and how to show the information. Being that the activating question was given in story form, it allows the student to easily connect the content to real life situations and to branch out in various ways to show mastery.

Participate 1 - Joining a DLC

     I chose to join the Twiducate site as my designated DLC. The reason why I chose this site because it allows students and teachers to create personalized social media sites for the classroom. I thought this was very different, because it brings that social aspect to the classroom that students need, but may not be able to have It makes it secure and aimed for optimal student and teacher interaction without it being inappropriate or questionable. It also is a great way to incorporate collaborative learning in the classroom by having students research and share through Twiducate, all the new information they have found about the topic of the lesson. It’s very easy to use and set up and with my Bookmarking site; it will be easy for the students to see exactly where to go to log in. Also, the fact that it’s social media will be a big plus for students and make them want to interact with the class. Whenever you give students a chance to learn through avenues that are r...