Skip to main content

Communicate 1 - Communication Guidelines



1) Welcome
       a) Hello! Welcome to the Summer Math Course for 6th grade. I’m excited for the new term and the mathematical journey we are about to embark! I hope you will learn much about math this term and can apply it for years to come. All of the lectures, discussions, office visits, and presentation will be online so there will be no personal meetings opportunities, but there will be plenty of face to face interaction and communications. You will be expected to visit the student portal daily. Everything you need will be found there. If you have any questions, please email me at --------. Please take the time to visit with the site and interact with serval features including the syllabus, the course outline, and the discussion board. If you need anything, I will be available through email-----, phone-----, or text using the remind app with the code: ------

2) Personal notes versus mass communication to stakeholders (appropriate times)
     a) Personal Note: Good Evening Mrs. Smith, Tim have 3 missing assignments. He will be given three weeks to make up the assignments for partial credit per the syllabus.
     b) Mass Communication: Good Morning! All final presentations are due by Friday, April 7, 2017. Please upload them to the portal and be prepared to present them on Monday to the class during the morning session.

3) Stakeholders
     a) Stakeholders include:
            i) Teachers
           ii) Students
          iii) Parents
          iv) Admin
           v) IT support Team
          vi) Instructional Support Team
 
4) School Policies regarding Communication
      a) If there is any concern, please ensure that the line of communication is followed:
            i) Student is to speak teacher one on one
            ii) Student and parent communicate with the teacher in a conference
            iii) Student and parent communicate with teacher and administration
            iv) Student and parent communicate with administration alone
     b) Student and parent communicate with District Administration

5) Tools available for effective Communication

      a) Email
      b) Telephone
      c) Remind101
      d) Website








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participate 2- Collecting Reputable Digital Resources

     When thinking about which web based tools I should use, I thought about what would beneficial for my students in a math classroom. I googled virtual versions of the tools I currently use in the classroom and that helped mold the decision about what three tools I would bookmark in my social bookmarking website. The three tools that I bookmarked in my social bookmarking website were virtual algebra tiles, a math dictionary, and a scientific calculator. I chose these tools because math has been very paper based for centuries and many thinks that it’s difficult to be successful in math virtually, but it is possible with the proper tools. An orientation at the beginning of the course would be the perfect way to teach students how to find important tools like these and how to ensure that the tools are beneficial and also safe for the classroom. Important policies that should be used in deciding which tools are safe and helpful would be that is the site isn’t on the ap...

Create 2 - Web Tools for Differentiation of Student Assessment

I used the GoAnimate site to create a video showing a student's answer to the activator given earlier in the blog. This allows students to show mastery of the skill by requiring them to explain the answer and the steps to solve the problem. This shows differentiation because students have the flexibility to show how to solve the given problem and how to show the information. Being that the activating question was given in story form, it allows the student to easily connect the content to real life situations and to branch out in various ways to show mastery.

Participate 1 - Joining a DLC

     I chose to join the Twiducate site as my designated DLC. The reason why I chose this site because it allows students and teachers to create personalized social media sites for the classroom. I thought this was very different, because it brings that social aspect to the classroom that students need, but may not be able to have It makes it secure and aimed for optimal student and teacher interaction without it being inappropriate or questionable. It also is a great way to incorporate collaborative learning in the classroom by having students research and share through Twiducate, all the new information they have found about the topic of the lesson. It’s very easy to use and set up and with my Bookmarking site; it will be easy for the students to see exactly where to go to log in. Also, the fact that it’s social media will be a big plus for students and make them want to interact with the class. Whenever you give students a chance to learn through avenues that are r...